Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Project Management

The last lecture we had we discussed project management. We talked about what was important, what it was, and what was needed for successful project managing. Project management is planning, organizing, and managing resources in order to complete a successful project goal.

Project management is important to me because if I want to be a web designer, I will have many projects that require me to manage my time and resources in order to complete a successful project goal. If I don't manage my time well, then the project goal will be more difficult to reach. This is important because as I take on more projects, I will have to be organized with what I want to do. I need to create deadlines that are in my reach in order to help me succeed as a web designer.

The main key concepts in project management is definition, planning, and control. First, you need to define the project specifically and note what you want the outcome of this project to be. Second, you need to plan what you need to do in order to meet goals for the project. Third, you need to make sure that the project is actually progressing and working towards the goals you make.

Another thing we also learned was to create S.M.A.R.T. goals. Goals need to be specific, measurable, agreed upon, realistic, and time-framed. If all goals meet these specifications, then they will be achievable and in the reach of the group in order to create a successful project.

2 comments:

  1. I think defining the goal or project is the major key concept, because it describes what the project is going to be and therefore once it is defined then the planning, organizing and managing of resources can then follow with ease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely seems like you are on target with the project management discussion. It is an extremely important skill to be able to manage many projects.

    ReplyDelete