Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Class Notes 9/9

CSIT - Individual Learning Plan

This class time was focused mostly on the Individual Learning Plan for CSIT. They were shown the classes they had to take, and were given tips on how to figure out if they were only offered in the Fall or in the Spring. Sathya also mentioned how if you wanted to not have an emphasis you could choose certain classes, just as long as they had some sort of goal in the end.


Web Design Emphasis - Kevin Cahill

Kevin Cahill also came in the class to talk about the Web Design emphasis in the CD major (which is my emphasis). This was by far the most interesting thing in the class! He talked about Google Analytics, and HTML 5. We had gone to thewildernessdowntown.com and saw what HTML 5 is going to offer the future and it made me excited. Also, he mentioned how if you want to achieve in the web design field right now, that learning drupal would be helpful.

Capstone

Bude Su also came in and talked a bit about capstone, and what it was. She said the top two reasons why people fail capstone is procrastination and if they are not capable of the project. It made me think about my capstone and what I would do.. but I think revealing my ideas would be too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment